When the weather turns cold in Cape Town and the wintery rains hit people start looking for activities indoors – luckily Cape Town has an amazing range of shopping malls to explore when the weather does turn.
Shopping Malls in Cape Town
Blue Route Mall
- Blue Route mall first opened in the early 1970s
- The old mall was knocked down and a new one built which reopened in late 2012
- There are roughly 140 shops including a state of the art Sterkinekor cinema
- Address: Tokai Rd, Tokai, Cape Town, 7945 (located in the southern suburbs)
- https://www.blueroutemall.co.za/ – 021 713 2360
- Canal walk is the biggest shopping mall in Cape Town and the 3rd biggest in Africa!
- The mall has over 400 shops
- The cinema at Canal Walk also houses the bigest screen in Cape Town – a 3 storey 4K ultra-high-definition projection
- Address: 490 Century Blvd, Century City, Cape Town, 7446 (located very close to Cape Town city center)
- https://canalwalk.co.za/ – 021 529 9699
- Cavendish square opened in 1972
- It has over 180 shops
- It has an 8 screen Sterkinekor cinema
- Address: 1 Dreyer St, Claremont, Cape Town, 7708 (located in the southern suburbs)
- https://cavendish.co.za/ – 021 657 5600
Tyger Valley Center
- It opened in 1985
- There are over 250 stores
- It boasts a state of the art Sterkinekor cinema
- Address: Willie Van Schoor Dr, Bellville Park, Cape Town, 7530 (located in the northern suburbs)
- https://www.tygervalley.co.za/ – 021 914 1822
- The V&A Mall houses over 450 retail shops
- The mall shares the same complex as oldest working harbour in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Construction first began on the harbour in 1860 around the time gold and diamonds were first discovered in South Africa.
- Address: 19 Dock Rd, Cape Town, 8001 (located in central Cape Town)
- https://www.waterfront.co.za/ – 021 408 7600
Car Parking At Cape Town Malls
All of the malls listed on this article all provide car parking close to the shops as well as undercover parking. Not all offer free parking, but they all offer safe and secure parking with car guards who are on hand to help with heavy shopping bags and unruly trollies.